Every woman should have a nighttime facial cream.
Applying a night cream on your skin, every night, before bed does a lot of wonders to your skin. A night cream helps to repair the damage done to your skin during the day. It also nourishes your skin and rejuvenates it, so you wake up with glowing and vibrant skin.
As good as having a night cream sounds, some women cannot afford the brand products out there. It might be that you prefer making your skincare products because you have trust issues using branded products.
Well, I come with good news for you. You can make your own nighttime facial cream or clearer skin, in the comfort of your home, and with natural ingredients only.
Without wasting more time, let’s get started.
4 different ways to make your own nighttime facial cream
There are several ways to make your own nighttime facial cream for clearer skin. Here are some of them:
Mix Aloe vera and lavender oil
Aloe vera is one of the common natural skincare ingredients.
This is not surprising, especially since it helps to treat acne and other skin blemishes, improves the skin’s texture, and moisturizes your skin. It is also a great anti-aging agent.
Lavender oil, on the other hand, helps to stimulate the synthesis of collagen in your skin. This helps to maintain the youthful appearance of your skin. Primrose oil hydrates your skin, improves your skin elasticity, and keeps your skin soft and smooth.
- 1 teaspoon of lavender oil
- 1 teaspoon of primrose oil
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Scoop out two tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel from the aloe vera plant into a bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of primrose oil and lavender oil each.
- Blend the mixture together
- Apply the mix to your skin and store the remaining content in a clean container.
2. Make an avocado night cream
Avocado contains phytochemicals that provide nourishment to damaged and dry skin. Not only that, it also has wound-healing properties that aid quick healing of wounds. It gets rid of skin blemishes and relieves breakouts.
- 1 avocado fruit
- ½ cup of yogurt
- Peel off the avocado skin and remove the seed.
- Then mash the avocado in a bowl till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add yogurt to the avocado paste and put it in a blender
- Blend the mixture into a smooth paste.
- Apply on your skin and store the rest in a clean container.
3. Make an Apple night cream
These antioxidants protect your skin from oxidative damage caused by the skin’s exposure to the sun rays. This helps to prevent the premature appearance of aging signs, photoaging, and other skin problems like hyperpigmentation, sun spots, etc.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of rose water
- 2 Apples
- Cut both apples into tiny chunks.
- Add these tiny chunks and the olive oil into a blender and blend.
- Blend the mixture until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and boil on low heat for a few minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and add rose water to the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and then apply to your skin.
- Pour the remaining content into a clean container.
Note: You can keep using this cream for six days if you refrigerate it.
4. Make an olive oil night cream
Olive oil has great moisturizing properties. It helps to lock in moisture in your skin. The same goes for coconut oil. They both hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup of virgin olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients into a saucepan. Heat up the mixture till it melts.
- Allow the mixture to cool down, apply to your skin, and store the remaining content in a clean container. Note: You can use this mix for up to 3 months.
How to apply your nighttime facial cream for clearer skin
One of the reasons we do not get the best out of our facial cream is the way we apply it. Some people apply it all wrong.
Here is the right way to apply your nighttime facial cream:
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a face cleanser. This is to get rid of dust, dirt, sweat, etc. on your skin.
- Apply your face cream when your skin is still damp. It is easier for creams to lock in moisture to your skin when you apply them to damp skin.
- Use just a pea-sized amount of facial cream. Too much cream makes it harder for your skin to absorb the cream which makes your skin feel sticky.
- Use clean fingers to apply small dots all over your face. Focus on areas that have skin blemishes and stay away from areas that get oily real quick.
- Massage the cream gently into your skin with your finger in small, upward, circular motions.
- If there is excess cream, dab off gently with a clean tissue or a clean face towel.
- Allow your skin to properly absorb the cream before going to bed.
You can make your own nighttime facial cream that will give you the clear skin you desire.
Try out any of these creams and let me know how it works for you. Also, if you have any questions, leave a comment and I will be glad to answer your questions.